Monday 7 September 2015

WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BECOME A PERSONAL TRAINER

I am extremely excited to announce that I will be starting my Level 3 Personal Training course with The Training Room in Manchester next week (14th September 2015).

After working in an advertising agency for the past 3 years, I have now taken the step to follow my passion and become a Personal Trainer.

I have always enjoyed sports and exercising, however it wasn’t until I began university in 2009 that fitness became a real passion of mine. I found myself constantly researching and developing my own workout plans to make them fun and effective and began to see great results from the programmes I was writing. I realised that by combining high intensity interval training (HIIT), strength, endurance and flexibility into every workout, I could get faster results from a more diverse and interesting workout. I actually enjoyed planning what workout I was going to do next just as much as completing the workouts themselves.

When I finished university, I felt that I should put my degree to good use, and so got a job in an advertising agency. However, my interest for fitness only grew stronger and, after 3 years of work, I decided to take the jump to do what I love and become a Personal Trainer. By working in a completely different industry before making this career change, I have the confidence to know that being a Personal Trainer is absolutely what I want to do and I have the drive to make it a success.

When looking at Personal Trainer course providers, I was immediately drawn to The Training Room; their learning options were flexible, the location of the Manchester academy was practically on my doorstep, and I liked the fact that I would be qualified within 6 weeks - this meant that I did not have to worry about being out of work for too long.

What attracted me most to The Training Room, however, is that they have a great reputation for offering the best career support once their students are qualified. When I finish my course, I have a few areas I want to go into; I would like to set up an outdoor Bootcamp to offer people classes that are focused on their own individual goals and that will guarantee results. I would like to focus on pre and postnatal fitness, helping women to stay fit and safe throughout their pregnancy and after they have had their baby. And, I would also like to work in an independent gym in order to continue my learning and training among fellow Personal Trainers.

For those of you who are interested in knowing what becoming a Personal Trainer involves, I will be taking you through the next 6weeks of my life as a PT trainee to give you an insight into what the course entails; what I learn, who I meet and most importantly, how I am prepped to make my mark as a Personal Trainer once I am qualified.

Follow my journey through Twitter and Instagram on the below handles:
@GeorgieDonk (Twitter)
Georgie_Donk (Instagram)


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment